- December 10, 2019
- By: Jacobson Jarvis & Co
- 0 Comments
Date(s) - 12/10/2019 - 12/12/2019
9:00 am - 11:00 am
The 2100 Building
You need good financial information to make decisions, solve problems, and protect resources. “QuickBooks for Nonprofits” is designed to get you what you need to effectively run your organization. This class is essential for all nonprofits using QuickBooks.
Over the course of this three-day series, we will share practical advice on how to adapt the flexible features of the popular QuickBooks accounting software to meet the robust tracking and reporting needs of nonprofits. This class is for those who know the basics in QuickBooks but want to get the most out of their system, setup, and reports.
This class is presented using QuickBooks Desktop version.
It will not cover QuickBooks Online version or payroll.
- Nonprofit Accounting Basics
- Internal Controls and Security
- Financial Statements and Reports
- Chart of Accounts
- Cost Allocation
- Tracking Restricted Contributions/Releases
- Bank Reconciliations
- Tips, Tricks, and Common Mistakes
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 | 9:00am – 11:00am
Day one will focus on structure, set up and navigation:
- QuickBooks Navigation including backup and restore
- Using QuickBooks including users, passwords and preferences
- Managing lists
Wednesday, December 11, 2019 | 9:00am – 11:00am
Day two will focus on reporting and data entry techniques:
- Financial reporting including exporting to excel
- Banking transactions and reconciliations
- Bills and credit cards
- Invoices and receipts
Thursday, December 12, 2019 | 9:00am – 11:00am
Day three will focus on more advanced topics:
- Journal entries and when not to use them
- Cost allocations and release of restrictions
- Budget entry and reporting
All sessions will be recorded and each recording will be sent to all registered participants.
About The Presenter
Julleen Snyder, CPA, CGMA, Partner, Jacobson Jarvis
Julleen has been with Jacobson Jarvis since 1995 and has both practical experience within a not-for-profit organization, as well as a solid background in accounting and auditing. Julleen is a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and helps nonprofits just starting with QuickBooks and those who are ready to review and modify their existing systems to better meet their needs. Julleen trains staff and volunteers to use QuickBooks more efficiently and helps solve accounting and payroll problems for her clients.
Washington Nonprofits is pleased to offer its members a discounted price. If you are interested in becoming a member, please find more information here.
- $150 Members of Washington Nonprofits (Check the Member Resources Page for the Member-only Promo Code)
- $200 Not-yet-members
Cost should not be a barrier to participate. Please contact us if you have any requests, concerns, or questions.