- May 16, 2017
- By: Jacobson Jarvis & Co
- 0 Comments
Date(s) - 05/16/2017 - 05/17/2017
Categories No Categories
The Washington State Nonprofit Conference gathers over 700 nonprofit leaders for a day of networking, learning and new ideas. This year, we are planning for an inspiring day that embodies the following values: stories from the field, increasing equity, staying current and going green.
We have a fabulous lineup of workshops and speakers for this year’s conference!
This year, we are planning for an inspiring day that embodies the following values:
- Stories from the field: Learning from the lived experiences of nonprofit leaders across Washington State. We are committed to hearing from practitioners and providing more opportunities for attendees to learn from each other and problem-solve together.
- Increasing equity: Building commitment to and action for equity within our organizations and our communities.
- Staying current: Opportunities to engage with current events and strategies for leading in uncertain times.
- Going green: This year the conference will focus on people, minimize paper and move toward earth-friendly practices.
We will have themed workshop tracks that dive deep on the following topics:
- Networked Leadership – The challenges we face today are so complex and of such magnitude that we are compelled to work differently. By working collectively in networks, nonprofit organizations can focus on mission fulfillment, leverage our respective competencies and significantly scale the impact of our work. This track is presented in collaboration with the Housing Development Consortium and Converge
- Trends in Turbulent Times – Learn what the latest research tells us about major trends affecting nonprofit leadership. Wrestle with the implications of minimum wage increases and the advent of pay-for-success and performance-based contracting. Presented in collaboration with the University of Washington’s Nancy Bell Evans Center on Nonprofits & Philanthropy.
- Championing Equity – Gain new skills to lead inclusively. Recognize and interrupt patterns of exclusion and promote equity in your nonprofit organization and your community.
- Transformation — Take away insights to enhance your own wellness, democratize your organization and lead in a time of rapid change or crisis.
- New Tools – Walk away with tools and strategies you can use immediately—learn how to use video effectively as a communications tool, how to manage public relations in a crisis, and how to create a financial dashboard for your nonprofit.
- Advocacy Now! – Empower yourself and your board to lift your voices regarding the things that matter most to you and your constituents. Come away clear on the rules governing nonprofit advocacy, how to engage your board and how to tell your story to attract funding.