Our Communique newsletter features topics of interest to the not-for-profit community at large.
On Board Newsletter
Our On Board newsletter is geared exclusively toward board members.
Subscribe to our Newsletters
- Three Things to Know About the 2020 Uniform Guidance Revisions
- Changes Coming to the Presentation of Gifts-in-Kind
- Fundraising in a Soft Economy
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Round 2
- Ten Minutes Is All It Takes To Review Internal Controls
- What’s New at the IRS and Treasury for Nonprofits
- What We Know About PPP Loans and Forgiveness
- It Takes Two (or More) to Safeguard Your Nonprofit from Digital Fraud
- Streamline Your Auction for Better Results and Less Work
- Census 2020: The Resources and Information You Need to Take Action!
- Nonprofits and Lobbying
- In Case You Missed It – New Nonprofit Accounting Guidance
- The New Lease Accounting Standard
- Aligning Your Portfolio with Your Purpose: Impact Investing
- New Accounting Guidance Changes the Way We Think About Government Contracts
- Tax Reform Fall Update – What’s Next for Nonprofits
- Federal Policy Issues Impacting Nonprofit Organizations
- Is Age Just a Number in the Workforce?
- Tax Reform – What Nonprofits Need to Know
- Not-For-Profit Financial Reporting: It’s Time For A Change
- Is Your Raffle Legal?
- Procurement Policies for Those With Federal Grants (UPDATED)
- The Shortcomings of Antivirus
- Why Nonprofits Need to Be Active on Social Media
- Fundraising Auctions and Events
- When & Why to Hire the Right CFO for a Non-Profit Organization
- New Not-for-Profit Standard Means New Disclosures and Big Changes to Your Financial Statements
Select Past Articles:
- How to Select an Auditor
- Reviewing the IRS Form 990
- New to a Board? Here’s What You Should Ask
- Audit or Review, How Much Assurance Do You Need?
- Is it Time for a Financial Health Check-Up?
- Put the FUN in Financial Statements
- Evaluating Complex Funding Sources
- Monitoring An Integral Component of Internal Control
On Board Archive
- Investment Guidelines for Nonprofit Board Members
- Is “Overhead” a Dirty Word in Nonprofit Marketing?
- Why Nonprofits Should Prioritize Cybersecurity
- What Not to Do: Top Ten Board & Finance Committee Reporting Mistakes
- Dashboards 101: Demystifying Financial Data For Your Board
- Why Your Nonprofit Needs an Audit Committee
- I’m a Teacher, and You Are Too: Four Lessons About Learning to Help Your Nonprofit Thrive
- When COVID-19 Cancels Your Meeting
- Qualified Transportation Benefit Tax Retroactively Repealed
- Risk Assessment for Nonprofits
- Jacobson Jarvis Staff Picks: Best Nonprofit Resources
- Liquor, Cannabis, and Gambling… and Your Fundraising Event
- Nonprofit Executive Director Turnover – Not If, but When
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Requires Leadership Learning
- You May Need to File a 990-T
- Board Members and Social Media: How to Be Involved
- Three Steps for Building Your Nonprofit Volunteer Programs
- Conflicts of Interest Demystified
- Updates from the SOS Charities Advisory Council
- What Nonprofit Board Members Need to Know About Presentation of Audit Results
- Inappropriate Remarks on Nonprofit Boards
- Is Your Raffle Legal?
- Storytelling Tips for Ambassadors (a.k.a. “Board Members”)
- Free Board Training and More Updates from the SOS Charities Advisory Council
- Speed Reading Financial Statements
- Selecting An Investment Advisor
- “Let’s Go Legal” Gives Nonprofit Boards a New Tool to Strengthen Their Nonprofit Legal Knowledge & Practice