Our Communique newsletter features topics of interest to the not-for-profit community at large.
On Board Newsletter
Our On Board newsletter is geared exclusively toward board members.
Subscribe to our Newsletters
- Tax Reform Fall Update – What’s Next for Nonprofits
- Federal Policy Issues Impacting Nonprofit Organizations
- Is Age Just a Number in the Workforce?
- Tax Reform – What Nonprofits Need to Know
- Not-For-Profit Financial Reporting: It’s Time For A Change
- Is Your Raffle Legal?
- Procurement Policies for Those With Federal Grants (UPDATED)
- The Shortcomings of Antivirus
- Why Nonprofits Need to Be Active on Social Media
- Fundraising Auctions and Events
- When & Why to Hire the Right CFO for a Non-Profit Organization
- New Not-for-Profit Standard Means New Disclosures and Big Changes to Your Financial Statements
- Six Employer Policies You Cannot Live Without
- How to Select an Auditor
- When Are Nonprofit Gross Receipts B&O Taxable?
- Exempt or Not Exempt – That is the $47,476 Question
- Procurement Policies for Everyone
- Managing Your Board for Optimum Results
- Effectively On-Boarding your Board Members
- How Ronald McDonald House Crowdfunded 60 New Toilets
- Highlights from the AICPA Not-for-Profit Industry Conference
- The Hidden Picture in Marketing & Development Problems
- Employee Health Insurance – Living with the Affordable Care Act
- What Not to Do: Top Ten Board & Finance Committee Reporting Mistakes
Select Past Articles:
- Is it Time for a Financial Health Check-Up?
- Ten Minutes Is All It Takes to Review Internal Controls
- Put the FUN in Financial Statements
- Dashboards 101: Demystifying Financial Data For Your Board
- Do You have Founder’s Syndrome?
- Bridging the Gap: Top 10 Tips for Building a Relationship with Your Development Team
- What is the Difference Between an Employee and Volunteer and Why Does it Matter?
- It’s Summertime! Bring on the interns, we sure could use some around here!
- Evaluating Complex Funding Sources
- Monitoring An Integral Component of Internal Control
- Hot Federal and State Tax Issues for Nonprofits
- Washington Secretary of State Educational and Regulatory Activity Update For Not-for-Profits
On Board Archive
- Conflicts of Interest Demystified
- Updates from the SOS Charities Advisory Council
- What Nonprofit Board Members Need to Know About Presentation of Audit Results
- Inappropriate Remarks on Nonprofit Boards
- Is Your Raffle Legal?
- Storytelling Tips for Ambassadors (a.k.a. “Board Members”)
- Free Board Training and More Updates from the SOS Charities Advisory Council
- Speed Reading Financial Statements
- Selecting An Investment Advisor
- “Let’s Go Legal” Gives Nonprofit Boards a New Tool to Strengthen Their Nonprofit Legal Knowledge & Practice
- Using the Round Robin Method for Efficient Board Meetings
- How Do I Recruit a Younger Generation to My Board?
- 7 Tips for Social Media
- Why Your Organization Needs an Audit Committee
- Reviewing the IRS Form 990
- Boards in Gear – New Tool to Help Board Members