Howard Donkin, CPA
Howard Donkin, Tax Partner, brings more than 20 years of experience serving the not-for-profit community, and is nationally recognized for his work with not-for-profit organizations in the areas of tax, accounting, consulting and software. Howard also has considerable experience working with the IRS Tax Exempt Entities Division, helping charities resolve tax problems involving filing issues, determination letters, public support tests and penalty abatement. He is a frequent speaker and writer on matters concerning the not-for-profit community. He enjoys working with all types of charitable organizations, but particularly enjoys working with educational and arts organizations.
My mission is to help nonprofit leaders navigate the murky waters of exempt organization tax compliance.
- Husband and Father
- Snow Skier, Cyclist, Soccer Player
- Amateur Artist
Articles & Presentations
- Co-Author, “What Not-for-Profits Need to Know about Tax Compliance”, a Jacobson Jarvis resource for nonprofit executives.
- Co-Author, “What Board Members Need to Know about Not-For-Profit Finance and Accounting”, a Jacobson Jarvis resource for board members
- Presenter, “Federal Tax EO Law: Procedural Developments,” Washington
- State Bar Association
- Presenter, “What Not-for-Profit-Board Treasurers Need to Know,” WSCPA training program
- Presenter, “Speed-Reading Financial Statements & Form 990” (Various not-for-profit conferences and training programs, including United Way of King County Nonprofit Training Program)
- Presenter, “Tax Update,” WSCPA Not-For-Profit Conference
- Presenter, “State & Federal Tax Update,” WSCPA webinar
- Presenter, Northwest Association of Independent Schools – Leadership Conference
B.A., Accounting, Dean’s List
University of Washington
Golden Gate University
Words of Praise for Howard
Howard brings knowledge and an interest in the broader impact of accounting rules to both his work with clients and his active participation in the development of the field.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
– Exempt Organization Technical Resource Panel (EOTRP)
- Member, Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA)
– Past Chair, Not-for-Profit Committee and Tax Sub-Committee
- Past Chair, Bellevue Arts Commission
- Bellevue Botanical Garden Society, Finance Committee
- Member, Seattle Tax Roundtable
- Member, Bellevue Rotary Community Grants Committee
- Chair, Secretary of State Charities Advisory Council (CAC)