By exclusively focusing on the not-for-profit community for the past 25 years,the Jacobson Jarvis tax team has a unique understanding of not-for-profit tax issues and their impact on an organization’s reporting.
Our mission is to help not-for-profit clients understand potential tax problems and chart a course to successfully navigate the complexities of tax code.
Our nonprofit tax specialists have extensive experience with Forms 990, 990-T, 990-PF and exemption applications.We have developed in-house tools to help reduce your cost of tax compliance. And we routinely provide updates to our clients on cutting edge tax developments in the not-for-profit sector. We understand the needs of charitable organizations like yours because our mission, like yours, is to serve the community.
Our client list includes organizations of all sizes and stages of growth from new entities just seeking tax exempt status to large national organizations.
Howard brings knowledge and an interest in the broader impact of accounting rules to both his work with clients and his active participation in the development of the field.
– Putnam Barber, Senior Advisor, University of Washington Evans School of Public Affairs
Our specialized expertise and dedication to quality service is nationally recognized. In addition to being frequent speakers at various not-for-profit conferences, our commitment to the not-for-profit community is also demonstrated by our involvement in the following activities:
- Popular speakers at United Way of King County not-for-profit training program
- Active members of the Not-For-Profit Committee at the Washington Society of CPA
- Resource panel member at the National Exempt Organization Committee
- Members of the Tax Exempt Review board
- Chairs of the CFO/Controller Roundtable
- Serving as volunteers on various not-for-profit boards and committees
In addition, we helped draft the AICPA comments to the IRS redesigned Form 990, the WSCPA comments to the Washington State Charities office on the new Charities Act and the Independent Sector’s Task Force on E-Filing.