Matt Cyr, CPA
Matt Cyr, CPA, has been an auditor since 2007. As a Partner in the audit department, Matt focuses on providing attestation services that include audits, reviews, and compliance audits for not-for-profit organizations ranging in size and mission. Financial analysis, budget work, and GAAP research are just some of the areas of accounting that Matt performs. Matt also has an extensive background with employee benefit plan audits.
In addition to his involvement with not-for-profit audits, Matt enjoys being a resource for his clients on complex accounting issues and other challenges facing the not-for-profit sector. Matt also values being a member of the WSCPA Not-for-Profit Resource Group.
Good players inspire themselves; great players inspire others.
- JJCo Fantasy Football League Commissioner
- Avid Seahawks and Mariners Fan
- Husband to Jen
- Competitive Card and Board Game Player
- Dad and Softball Supporter to Taylor and Destiny
Articles & Presentations
- New Not-for-Profit Standard Means New Disclosures and Big Changes to Your Financial Statements
- What Nonprofit Board Members Need to Know About Presentation of Audit Results
Central Washington University
- Member, Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Words of Praise for Matt
Matt Cyr led the annual audit of our small 501c3. He was thorough, inquisitive, and asked hard questions of our operations and our internal systems. He spent time to learn the nuances of our organization prior to coming to conclusions. There were always suggestions and recommendations tailored to our organization following any discussion of areas for improvement. I will not say we enjoyed the audit, but we are better for it and we greatly appreciated Matt as the lead.