Jacobson Jarvis & Co, PLLC is a full-service certified public accounting firm focusing 100% on the not-for-profit community. We feature innovative techniques, cutting edge technology, enjoyable working conditions, and an emphasis on the quality of life. We are looking for an audit manager to join our management team.
As part of our team, you will participate in firm-wide decision making and practice development with opportunity to be in the forefront of client services. We are a nontraditional, employee-friendly firm that offers a flexible, challenging environment. Providing the highest quality of service to our clients and quality of life to our employees is our top priority.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year.
• Coordinate the various phases of an engagement, including staff requirements, locations to be visited, and job planning and scheduling, with the senior manager or partner. Plan the logistics of the engagement, including the work performed by others.
• Study, document, and evaluate the internal controls used by the client.
• Prepare and evaluate workpapers and determine whether the audit was performed in accordance with generally accepted standards.
• Prepare and review financial statements and management letters and present to the client, audit/finance committee, and board of directors.
• Delegate work successfully and assign work to staff members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities.
• Understand the client’s industry and recognize trends and emerging technical and industry developments. Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills.
• Support the training of staff members; offer guidance and direction, and constructive criticism of workpapers. Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training.
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and increase efficiency.
Jacobson Jarvis & Co, PLLC is seeking a licensed CPA with 4-7 years of audit experience, preferably in public accounting, and an interest and/or background in not-for-profit clients. Successful candidates must have:
• strong organizational, client service and leadership skills
• integrity within a professional environment
• dedication to teamwork and leadership
• advanced written and verbal communication skills
Jacobson Jarvis & Co, PLLC offers competitive compensation and benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and long term disability insurance, profit sharing, Earned Time Off (ETO), parking allowance, continuing professional education, professional licensure, and memberships in professional organizations.
Send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jacobson Jarvis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employees (and applicants) are treated without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religion, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical handicap.